Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Book 2025-5: Understanding Comics

Understanding Comics, by Scott McCloud

As official scribe for GHPALS, it's fitting that my first 2015 review covers a book that explains comics.  Rather it examines the art form that is comics, and it does it very well.

I waited almost an hour to get a signed copy of this book. Rumor passed down the line said he was air signing them, but he wasn't. Mr. McCloud was very nice to me and drew a little picture under his signature.

The book was first published in 1993 and it hasn't aged a bit. He examines and analyzes every aspect of the art that is comics, using examples from every art form. Now when I look at a comic book or comic strip  I can better appreciate the artistry that went into making it.

I can't think of a better Comic-Con souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment