Monday, July 16, 2012

“Hammerhead”, by Jason Andrew Bond

One of the most creative swag I acquired was a bookmark signed by Jason Andrew Bond that was handed to me when I crossed the trolley track. It encourages one to read a sample from “Hammerhead,” a book by Jason Andrew Bond.

Last night I did just that, and bought the book from Amazon for $11.10 ($3.99 for the e-book). Since Son had also read the excerpt, and he’s in Michigan, I need a copy I can share.

I also filled out the form on his website and told him I’d done it in response to his bookmark. He wrote back last night, thanking me.

Now I have to wait until Wednesday to get it, and I really want to know what happens next. The story concerns a ship breaker, like the ones working in Bangladesh that break apart all those derelict sea-going ships. But Bond’s guy works on spaceships. And he works in the Mojave Desert. And someone is trying to kill him.

More to come when I finish the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment