Friday, September 12, 2014

Thank You, Kim Harrison, for a Great Run

A reader can lose herself in Rachel Morgan's world. I can't live in a church, but why can't I have pixies tending my garden? 

As readers of this blog know, I picked up a free copy of Dead Witch Walking at a publisher's booth at Comic-Con 2014. I loved it. I bought the second book, and was happy it was one of those rare sequels, as good as the first book. Since then I purchased and read all the already published books, including the Hallows Insider. I even bought new copies so the author would get royalties. I pre-ordered the 13th and it arrived shortly after I finished the 12th book. Perect timing.

Wow, did Kim Harrison do a terrific job of tying up all the intricate story lines and giving every character a satisfactory ending. This series was about growth and change through forgiveness and acceptance and, most importantly, the power of love. The lessons Rachel learned and taught others should be learned by all of us who are imprisoned by actions taken by other people in a distant past. We should all look forward, not back, take care of the people we love and try to make where we are a better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment